Event Details Guide
Guide to Event Fields for the Main Texas State Calendar
When requesting that an event be added to the Main Texas State Calendar, it must meet the standards listed below for each field. Please review each field carefully before submitting your event to ensure it will not be rejected
- Choose the appropriate Main Texas State template based on whether your event is on or off campus.
- The event title is required
- This text is a short, but descriptive line about your event. The maximum character count is 75.
- Titles should never be in all-caps.
- If using an abbreviation in the title, please spell out the full term for clarity when it is first used in the description.
- Please follow the official Texas State Editorial Style Guide
- For an on-campus event, choose a Texas State building from the drop-down menu.
- For an off-campus event, enter the location name and address
- The format should look like this:
San Marcos Public Library
625 East Hopkins Street
San Marcos, TX 78666
- For an event that is only online, type "Online Event" in the location field.
Start Date & Time
- This includes the starting and ending dates and times of the event. First set the starting date and time. Then, specify an end date and time by clicking "Specify End" in the Duration field.
- Events can be set to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
- After choosing a Texas State building for an on-campus event, specify a room number.
- The Audience is required.
- The Main Texas State Calendar is for events that are open to the public and intended for multiple departments or areas of study.
- The event type is required.
- Decide which type is best suited for your event.
- If you are hosting an in-person event that will also be livestreamed online, please choose the event type best suited for the in-person event, then note the livestream in the event description.
- The cost of the event is required.
- If there is no cost, enter “Free” or “N/A.” If the cost is monetary, enter the amount in dollars including the dollar sign.
- For example: “$3 for students, $5 for general public.”
- All events submitted to the Main Texas State Calendar require an on-campus sponsor (department or organization). The sponsor’s full name should be entered - no acronyms or abbreviations.
- Images must follow accessibility standards and include limited to no text.
- The maximum image size is 1 megapixel. Ideal file formats include JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
- Blurry or pixelated images will not be accepted.
- All events need to have an on-campus contact that includes both a first/last name and Texas State email address or phone number.
- The event description is required.
- Give potential attendees a brief overview of what the event will be about. The maximum character count is 1,300.
- Descriptions should never be in all-caps.
- Please follow the official Texas State Editorial Style Guide.
- If you have a webpage with more information about the event, enter the URL here.