June 17, 2013
- Rich editor for event descriptions, uploaded images and files are added as event attachments.
- New mobile interface.
- Added UTF-8 character support.
- Admin Interface: event list now searchable and sortable.
- Fixed an issue where uploaded attachments would disappear from the event creation form after returning a required field or similar error.
- Fixed a problem where the end time for one occurrence of a recurring event could be wrong.
- Fixed a problem where recurring events could be missing from searches of certain date ranges.
- Event images should now cache client-side for improved performance.
- If a user can't edit a folder, they are no longer presented with a clickable link to its edit screen.
May 2, 2013
- redesigned the UI for recurrence rules when creating or editing an event
- some requests with unusually long URLs were producing errors, that has been fixed
- link added on the main page to a page that shows calendar contact information for anyone wishing to get an event added to a calendar
March 11, 2013
- implemented cache architecture for a major improvement in performance (event updates are still displayed immediately)
- rewrote recurrence evaluation from the ground up for greater simplicity, reliability
- "until" date for recurrence setup is now inclusive, so if you set it for monday until friday, you get 5 occurrences instead of 4
- users who only have the "add" permission may now view and edit events that they themselves created (only applies to events created after this update)
- fixed a minor bug with event list retrieval for dates in the past
- multiple minor performance upgrades
- added sitemap, robots.txt, nofollow and noindex instructions in numerous places to reduce unnecessary crawler load from Google and others
- removed the "Delete Event" button from the event creation page
- contact urls now have http:// added to the beginning when appropriate
- events with the same start time should now always appear in the same order instead of shuffling around on each page load
- for system administrators: editing suites while viewing a suite now works properly
December 18, 2012
- Event descriptions will now respect line breaks and some HTML tags.
- Sublocation now appears in the event list, not just event details.
- In the admin interface, the event list has a new design that includes a preview link to see what an event looks like to the public. Also, recurring events now show a final date.
- Deleting events works again.
- You may now create events that begin earlier in the day than the present time (i.e. events that have already started).
- Events that start at midnight no longer disappear from the administration event list on the day of the event.
- Fixed the display of the occurrence calendars when editing a recurring event that's been cancelled.
- Occurrences of recurring events should now always display the correct end date instead of the end date of the first occurence.
- Fixed a minor display bug in Chrome.
October 30, 2012
- Added ability to edit individual occurrences of a recurring event
- Fixed a bug where recurring events that start before and end after a daylight savings switch have the wrong start time after the switch
- Event form now errors properly when you try to create an event earlier on the same day.
- Error makes a little more sense now when you try to create an event in the past.
October 9, 2012
- Added ability to delete events (not just cancel them).
- Created a task to repair some missing information about images imported from the old calendar.
- Old calendar links go to the public index instead of generating errors.
- Fixed a problem that was preventing Google from getting a good index of events.
- Event image now appears on both versions of the event detail page.
- Fixed a bug for recurring events where the current day would be removed after saving an edit.
- Event URLs are now checked for whether "http://" should be added to the beginning of the link.
September 11-17 Emergency Patches
- imported more events from the old calendar
- removed old links pointing to an outdated page
- fixed a bug that was preventing events from saving
September 11, 2012
In an effort to improve the experience for both calendar users and editors, the Educational Technology Center will be replacing the current event calendar system Tuesday, September 11, 2012. The new calendar was built in-house and contains all the features of the previous calendar in a more stable environment. It also presents the information in a more visually pleasing interface.
We will be importing all existing calendar data including calendars, users and events. The calendar URL will not change (http://events.txstate.edu).
After the upgrade, please check that you have access to your calendar(s) and all events are appearing as expected. You can log in from the main calendar page.
Please send any problems, feedback or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Calendar Support is available M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm at: